4. Always make new mistakes. The reason people are willing to forgive mistakes is because they trust that the person will learn from the experience. Part of being human is making mistakes, it's what helps us grow. So, I urge you to always make, not just mistakes, but new mistakes (because repeating the same mistake doesn't help anyone).
5. When you're around a new group of people, don't worry about people not liking you. As people, we instinctively look to make connections with other people. No one approaches a new group looking to form enemies.
6. Jealousy is a sin, but admiration is a virtue. It takes a certain amount of maturity to take that step. You can either be jealous of your friend's straight As, or you can admire their discipline, and her study habits. Jealousy leads to anger and bitterness, but admiration leads to change.
7. "If it ain't broke," it can still be improved. Think of your favorite gadget; your iPod, TV, mechanical pencil... whatever. Fo me, it's my cell phone. That little device is what keeps me connected to the people I love. However, in 1876, when Bell created the first "phone" I'm betting he had no idea that phones would one day look like they do today. And after a few attempts, he created a phone that worked well enough. They could have just stopped there. I mean, it did what it was supposed to do, but inventors found that they could make it better. Your life is the exact same way! If your life is going well, I applaud you. However, I bet you could make it even better. Every day is a chance to improve yourself. To not take advantage of that is a waste of a day.
8. Life is too short to not be yourself everyday. If you live to be 85, you only get 31,025 days to be yourself. The world only gets to benefit from your existence for 31,025 days.
I have no business changing the world, nor do I wish to be remembered after I'm gone. I do, however, desire to be the person I'm needed to be by those I love.